20m Beep Test Software
SOFTWARE FOR ASSESSING AEROBIC FITNESS BY APPLYING THE BEEP TEST
I am Dr Stefan Kolimechkov and together with my colleagues Dr Petrov and Mr Cholakov (computer engineer), we created the BeepShuttle Software. This software assesses the aerobic fitness by applying the Multi-Stage Fitness Test (also known as Bleep Test, Beep Test, 20 m Shuttle Run Test, Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run, etc.). This software provides its assessments based on age- and gender specific international norms.
What is BeepShuttle Software?
The BeepShuttle Software provides TWO application tools:
1. BeepShuttle Junior: The fisrt application tool was presented for the very first time at the 12th FIEP European Congress in Luxembourg in September 2017, and it was specifically created to assess the aerobic fitness of children and adolescents. In 2018 we published Beep Shuttle Junior in the Journal of Advanced Sport Technology.
2. BeepShuttle Adult: The second application tool has been created in order to assess the aerobic fitness of adults.
This is a demo of the BeepShuttle Software. This free demo allows you to use all functions of the software but covers only a small part of the test. If you would like to use the fully activated version, you can purchase it below:
Purchase & Activation
TO USE THE FULLY ACTIVATED VERSION YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING VERSIONS:
FOR TESTING CHILDREN, AT THE PRICE OF £40
FOR TESTING ADULTS, AT THE PRICE OF £40
FOR TESTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS, AT THE PRICE OF £70
How to purchase and activate this software?
1. Download the demo of this software.
2. Install the demo software on the computer which you will be using (to make sure that everything runs smoothly).
BeepShuttle Software works only on a Windows operating system, and you should also check the minimum requirements for this software, which are described below. The demo allows you to use all functions of the software, but covers only a small part of the test.
3. Open it on your PC.
4. Click on the Registration button in the Settings section of the software.
5. Copy the UserID code of the software.
6. Choose the version you would like to purchase from the drop menu below.
7. Paste the UserID code into the Your e-mail & Software's UserID box below (You must add your email as shown on the example below).
8. Make your payment.
After you make your payment
After making your payment, you will then receive an email with a RegKEY code within 24 hours. You have to paste the registration code on the RegKEY line in your software, and then simply press the registration button. After registration, the software will be fully activated and registered for the version you purchased, and on the computer where the software is installed only.
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 + .NET platform 3.5 or above
- CPU: 1GHz.
- Memory: 1 GB
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 600 pixels.
ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE
The BeepShuttle Software is especially created to administer the 20 m Multi-Stage Fitness Test (20 m Shuttle Run Test or Bleep Test) in order to assess the cardiorespiratory fitness of children and adolescents , in addition to a second application which assesses the aerobic fitness in adults, by applying up-to-date international norms. This software implements the original 1-minute protocol described by Leger et al. [2, 3], which starts at a speed of 8.5 km/h, and increases by 0.5 km/h each minute. The BeepShuttle Software calculates the predicted VO2max in individuals, and classifies them in accordance with a comprehensive and up-to-date set of gender-specific and age-specific international norms for children , adolescents , and adults .
About the 20m Shuttle Run Test
What is the 20m Shuttle Run Test (20m SRT)? The test was created by Luc Léger in 1982 and it has been the most widely used test to assess aerobic fitness. The test is part of the most widely implemented health-related physical fitness test batteries , and it can sometimes be found under different names, such as 20mSRT, multi-stage fitness test, PACER test, beep test, bleep test, etc. Nowadays, there are a few slightly modified protocols of the test, which are described in the literature, but the Leger et al.’s original 1-minute protocol is recommended .
During the test, children run between two lines, which are 20 metres apart, in time with an audio signal, and the test finishes when a child fails to reach the end lines simultaneously with the audio signals from the software on two consecutive occasions; otherwise, the test ends when a child stops due to fatigue .
BEEP SHUTTLE SOFTWARE PHOTO GALLERY
The BeepShuttle Junior software was presented at the 12th European Congress of the International Federation of Physical Education (FIEP) in Luxembourg in 2017
This is the first version of the BeepShuttle software for the administration of the beep test with children in schools and sports clubs
Presenting our aerobic test software at the 12th European Congress of the International Federation of Physical Education (FIEP) in Luxembourg in 2017
BeepShuttle Adult is the second application tool of the BeepShuttle Software. This version administers the 20 m Multi-stage Fitness Test (Bleep Test), calculates the predicted VO2max for adults between the ages of 18 and 65+
Beep Shuttle Junior was used at Basingstoke Gymnastics Club in England to assess aerobic fitness in children as part of my PhD study in Physical Education
BeepShuttle Software was used at Royal Atheneum Aalst High School in Belgium to assess aerobic fitness of their students
BeepShuttle Junior was recommended at the FIEP Physical Education European and World Congresses in Istanbul, Turkey, 2018
BeepShuttle Junior was created as part of my PhD thesis in 2017 and it was presented at the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria
BeepShuttle Junior is a Beep Test Software which calculates the predicted VO2max and its percentile score based on international norms
1. Tomkinson, G. R., et al. (2003). "Secular trends in the performance of children and adolescents (1980-2000): an analysis of 55 studies of the 20m shuttle run test in 11 countries." Sports Med 33(4): 285-300.
2. Leger, L., et al. (1984). "[Aerobic capacity of 6 to 17-year-old Quebecois--20 meter shuttle run test with 1 minute stages]." Can J Appl Sport Sci 9(2): 64-69.
3. Leger, L. A., et al. (1988). "The multistage 20 metre shuttle run test for aerobic fitness." J Sports Sci 6(2): 93-101.
4. Miguel-Etayo, P., et al. (2014). "Physical fitness reference standards in European children: the IDEFICS study." International journal of Obesity 38: 57-66.
5. Tomkinson, G. R., et al. (2016). "International normative 20 m shuttle run values from 1 142 026 children and youth representing 50 countries." Br J Sports Med.
6. BeepShuttle Junior. (2017). Software for assessing aerobic fitness. Retrieved from STK SPORT < https://www.stk-sport.co.uk/beepshuttle-junior.html >
8. Kolimechkov, S. (2017). "Physical Fitness Assessment in Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Review." European Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science 3(4): 65-78.
9. ACSM (2008). ACSM's Health-Related Physical Fitness Assessment Manual. Second Edition, USA
HOW TO CITE:
Kolimechkov, S., Petrov, L., Alexandrova, A., & Cholakov, K. (2018). BeepShuttle Junior: Software for the Administration of the 20m Shuttle Run Test in Children and Adolescents. Journal of Advanced Sport Technology, 1(3), 35-40.
© BeepShuttle Software V3.2, 2022