Floor and Vault Grade 1 Routines for Boys
Here are the new London Gymnastics Floor and Vault routines for boys at Grade 1. The Floor routine includes 10 gymnastics moves, and it is performed on a 12m x 2m carpet.
- Forward roll to stand
- Forward roll to straddle sit
- Teddy Bear Roll 180°
- V-Sit with hands on floor [hold 3 seconds] put legs together into pike sit, roll back to
- Shoulder stand. [hold 3 seconds. Rock forward to stand on two feet]
- One leg balance, knee above hip height (bent or straight lifted leg)
- Backward roll [tucked] (bent or straight arms)
- Straight jump
- Star jump
- Cartwheel [side to side]
- Maximum of 6 m run into straight jump from a spring board to land on a landing mat.